I’m not really one of those “creature of habit people”. I hope to be someday, but just haven’t gotten there yet! Goal y’all, goals. But something I do like a certain way, all the time, is my protein shake/smoothie. My favorite protein shake has pretty much always been a chocolate protein powder + banana + pb. Then, over the years I added spinach. Mainly because you simply cannot taste it and its a great way to sneak in a veggie.
Then, after reading Body Love by Kelly LeVeque, I decided to shake up my favorite protein shake by adding a few more ingredients. This has made my shakes + smoothies even more fabulous and nutritious. I look forward to drinking them because of how I feel!
You can read all about the Fab 4 method here. But in a nutshell, it basically consists of a protein, healthy fat, fiber, and a green. And that is for every meal, not just your smoothie. Fruit is optional, and honestly, I don’t always have it, but it definitely helps sweeten it up a bit! But my protein powder adds a good bit of sweetness on its own.
There are so many variations that can be made to your Fab 4, but this is hands down my favorite recipe.
My Favorite Protein Shake
- 1 scoop Orgain Chocolate protein powder (I prefer this kind because its a plant-based protein with no dairy/whey protein)
- 8-10 oz liquid base (I almost always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but you can use coconut, cashew, oat, water, or even regular milk if that’s what you like–do you boo!)
- 1 scoop Orgain Collagen Peptides (sometimes I double up on this and skip the other protein, but at a minimum will add 1 scoop)
- 1 tbsp Flax or Chia Seed (this is your fiber!)
- 1/4 banana (*optional, and Kelly encourages you to eventually remove the fruit completely–get her book to read why!)
- 1 cup greens, I prefer spinach or kale (again, blended up real good you can’t taste it!)
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter (I like Jiff Natural Creamy)
Now, just blend it all up and enjoy! The hardest part of this recipe is cleaning the blender. For real, I hate cleaning my blender. Considering getting one of these Ninja’s at some point to help with that!
I’m constantly looking for new ways to improve my health and feel like I’ve tried just about all the things. All the things, y’all. But if you are needing any motivation, you can check out my Health + Fitness tab by clicking here. Always a work in progress over here, my friends! ALWAYS.
Oh, and in case you’re wondering, this shake has the stamp of approval from Isla. She loves helping me make them as much as she loves to drink them. Also, can I get some of that straight beautiful blonde hair, girlfriend?? 😉
Be sure to share your shake pics with me over on Instagram!