Well friends….here I am on Tuesday morning with your Monday Motivation–HA! Y’all, between family time and some much needed me time, life just got in the way of blogging yesterday. Which I am not complaining about one bit, but I hope I didn’t let any of my readers down. Please forgive me! XO 😉
Anywho….on to Week 3!
Last week was pretty good for me! With the exception of some hiccups in my diet (i.e. Easter desserts and sushi night requested by my hubby!) I did pretty good meeting or almost meeting most of my goals. Each workout, each day, and each week is progress and I have to keep telling myself that no matter what the dumb scale says.
Speaking of the scale, I seriously hate that damn thing. The constant ups and downs…I’m not even sure why I bother stepping on it everyday–just curious I suppose–but why does that number even hold any significance? The bigger impact should be knowing that I’m not doing another crazy diet, but rather making a lifestyle change. Fitting into clothes that I haven’t in forever and just feeling more comfortable in my skin–all of which ARE HAPPENING. That is a bigger accomplishment than that stupid number. Am I right?
Also, as a little bit of added motivation—I bought my first pair of cutoff jeans shorts last night for the first time in like 10+ years! Not even kidding! I’ve always been so self conscious about my legs, but I am DETERMINED to wear those suckers this summer and having them laying around will be an extra reminder to get my booty in gear!
Last week’s goals & results.
- Try to finish workout in by 2pm, and if not, just do the damn workout when I can!
- Only workout after 2pm was an evening class at the gym. Woop-woop!
- Go to the gym for at least one HIIT or Spin class this week.
- Took a Spin class with my friend–yay! It hurt so good.
- Take 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar each day.
- The ACV went down the hatch 5 out of 7 days. The other two mornings I just needed a break.
- Keep drinking at least 90 ounces of water per day.
- Almost everyday, and if not the entire 90…at least 70 ounces.
- Limit myself to 2 cups of coffee per day.
- Try to stop eating by 7pm.
- I was good all days but one—BUT that doesn’t include a snack or late night sweet treat.
- No alcohol until the weekend.
- I lasted until the weekend! 2 Mich-Ultras on Saturday and 2 cocktails on Sunday.
- Try to workout ALL 6 DAYS!
- I completed 5 out of 6 workouts. Missed Sunday due to poor planning and Easter.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep.
- I’ve been a night owl lately, so the 8 hours hasn’t been happening as often as I’d like. Closer to 7.
Workout Plan. My workout plan is changing up slightly with longer run times/distance. I’m excited to get to it! Speaking of…I need to squeeze today’s workout in–like now! Here is the full plan for reference-10K Training Plan for Beginners.
Meal Planning. This weekly meal planning has been so good for me for several reasons!
- Less trips to the grocery store = more money saved!
- Forces me to use up all produce and pantry items before just buying random stuff that we don’t need.
- Feeling less stressed about “what’s for dinner?” because I know what we’re having and have already shopped for the ingredients needed.
Admittedly, it has not been perfect. Not every single meal that I’ve planned has worked out, or we’ve switched days around due to schedules or whatever–BUT–having some sort of flexible plan in place can be helpful for any busy mama. And I honestly wish I was better at this when I was a working full-time! You live and you learn, right?!
Meal Plan for Week 3:
- Overnight oats
- Avocado toast with 2 eggs
- PB & Banana on toast
- Tuna salad w/ Wasa crackers
- Mixed greens salad w/ chicken, goat cheese, craisins, raspberry vinaigrette
- Rice cake with guacamole, 2 turkey slices, and one slice of bacon (my new go to lunch!)
- Mixed nuts
- Veggies w/ hummus
- Protein Shake w/ almond milk. I’ve been drinking this kind and really like the taste!
M- Leftovers for family, dinner out for me!
W- Honey cilantro lime salmon w/ brown rice and broccoli
Th- Parmesan garlic spaghetti squash with artichokes, chicken, and olives (I concocted this last week and my husband liked it so much he asked for it again! #winning)
F- Mango habanero chicken w/ coconut cashew cauliflower rice (Whole 30 recipe!)
S- Dinner out with kiddos
S- Lasagna–my husbands favorite! Made as healthy as I possibly can. 😉
This week I’m on the hunt for a 5K that my husband and I can run together soon. But other than that, my goals will be the same as last week!
Y’all have a good one!
Leave a Reply