Memorial Day weekend is here and while my hubby has been working all weekend, he’s off on Monday so I’ve demanded we grill out with some good eats!
Here’s what’s on our menu!
Disclaimer: This isn’t the healthiest of menus, but YOLO. And I’m officially cool after using that acronym.
- Fall Off the Bone BBQ Ribs— I’ve had a hankering for some good ol’ BBQ ribs and this recipe sounds delish and super easy. For all you hardcore grillers, just bypass the crockpot step and go do yo’ thang!
- Loaded Bacon Ranch Potato Salad –whole lotta yum going on here!
- Corn on the Cob–my kids are obsessed with corn on the cob!
- Deviled Eggs–I love the classic recipe–just mayo, Dijon mustard, s&p, and a sprinkling of paprika. I won’t admit how many of these I can eat in one sitting.
- Strawberry & Blueberry Shortcake–just need fruit, pound cake and coolwhhhhip 😉
This cute little utensil basket is from the Target dollar spot and will be getting a lot of use this summer!
Our weekend is pretty chill, thank goodness! We have a party at a friends house today, but other than that we’ll be laying kinda low and relaxing. This is our last weekend of quiet before the craziness commences–five straight weekends of plans–but I’m looking forward to all of them! Yay for summertime!
And while the Memorial Day holiday is the official “kick off to summer” and a great time for fun and get together’s with family and friends, let’s all not forget the reason for the holiday. Being a military wifey, it hits home a little harder to not forget to honor all the men and women who have lost their lives while serving. The dedication and sacrifices our troops make is immeasurable and cannot be forgotten or overlooked by BBQs and good-times. Remember to be thankful for what you have and honor those fallen heroes! Then crack a beer and enjoy the day!
What are your Memorial Day plans?
Leave a Reply