Something I pride myself in is totally winging a recipe and it turning out really good! Well folks, it happened again. I whipped up a delicious new chili recipe and wanted to share with you. And since I’m all about the speedy recipes these days, it’s the perfect quick meal for busy weeknights or lazy weekends.
3 strips thick cut bacon, cut into small pieces
1 small-medium onion, chopped
1 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can light red kidney beans
1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
- In a large sauce pan, saute bacon and onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook through.
- Add all spices, beans, and rotel (all undrained). *Note- you can use whatever beans your little heart desires. I had kidney on hand tonight.
- Cook at least another 10-15 minutes, adjusting spices to your liking.
- Continue to simmer for a while or just dig on in! Top with cheese, sour cream, onion, jalapenos, more bacon!….etc. The toppings are the best part, right?!
I hope you enjoy!
Also, serious question here….I always need something to dip in my chili. A cracker, chip, bread–something! I usually go with a good ol’ fashioned tortilla chip. But what’s your favorite? Fritos, tortilla chips, cornbread, ritz cracker, other? Comment and let me know! And if you’re not a dipper, well…I’m just not sure we can be friends. 😉 jk!
Happy chili makin’!
Leave a Reply